The northwest segment of Stoney Trail is currently under construction as part of the Calgary Ring Road. The project includes:
- A new bridge over the Bow River, constructed west of the existing bridge, to accommodate additional lanes on the ring road when the west section is complete
- Constructing the new southbound lanes on either side of the new Bow River bridge
- Road widening on southbound Stoney Trail from north of Crowchild Trail to south of Scenic Acres Link N.W. to provide new ramp lanes (collector-distributor) and three continuous lanes on Stoney Trail
- Reconfiguring the ramp from westbound Crowchild Trail to southbound Stoney Trail to align with the wider road
- A new bridge over Scenic Acres Link N.W. for the exit ramp from southbound Stoney Trail to Tuscany Boulevard / Scenic Acres Link N.W.